COMMUNITY & Economic Development Department
The mission of the City of El Monte Economic Development Department is to implement and support a variety of comprehensive and strategic programs to promote the economic well-being of the City.
Our operations comprise two core functions--Economic Development and Community Development. Programs aim to leverage public and private resources in a way that has a positive impact on the business activity, employment, income distribution, and fiscal sustainability of the City.
Examples in which economic development helps our community include:
- Creating well-planned, sustainable communities;
- Ensuring quality environmental design;
- Business recruitment, development and retention;
- Diversification of retail and restaurant offerings;
- Enhancing local quality of life;
- Visitor attraction;
- Fostering private investment;
- Growing and sustaining property values;
- Job creation and workforce development;
- Productive use of property;
- Recognition of local products; and
- Increasing the City's tax base.