Vision El Monte

Select the search type
  • Site
  • Web


Sign up below to receive the City of El Monte E-Newsletter.

You are here:   Government > Public Works > Environmental Services > Residential Trash Collection Old > Residential Discontinuance of Service

Residential Discontinuance of Service

A discontinuance of refuse service may be requested for vacant residential properties.  To qualify for a discontinuance, a property must be unoccupied and all utilities must be disconnected.  In such cases, the property owner must complete and submit a Request for Discontinuance of Refuse Service.  The City will grant a discontinuance upon review and approval of the information submitted.
Once granted, a discontinuance remains in effect until June 30 of the next year, and must be renewed thereafter.
To download a discontinuance application, go to Forms and Publications. To request a discontinuance application by mail, please call (626) 580-2058.


General Information

Address: City Hall West
11333 Valley Boulevard
El Monte, CA. 91731-3293
Phone: 626 580-2058
Fax: 626 454-3143
Office Hours:
Monday through Thursday
8:00 am to 5:30 pm
Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays

How are we doing?


Resource and Information:


Forms and Publications:


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)