- Who is El Monte's residential trash service provider?
Valley Vista Services
17445 E. Railroad Street
City of Industry, CA 91748
- What are the current trash rates?
Residential Rate: $26.04per month
Senior Discount Rate: $21.89 per month
Low Income Senior/Disabled Rate: $13.02 per month
Additional Brown Trash Cart: $5.00 per month
Additional Green Waste Cart: No Charge for One Additional Cart
Additional Blue Recycling Cart: No Charge
- Can I put out additional trash containers or additional trash bags with my carts?
No. You may only use the trash carts provided by your trash company. All trash must fit inside your carts.
- I have too much trash, and it doesn't fit into my cart. Can I get an extra brown cart?
Yes. You may request an extra brown cart for an additional fee. Extra green and blue carts are available at no charge. Contact Valley Vista Services to order additional carts.
- I'm doing a home improvement project, and I need to rent a large dumpster. Who do I call?
Dumpsters and roll off boxes are available in various sizes to suit your disposal needs. If your project site is north of the 10 Freeway, contact Valley Vista Services to rent a container. If your project site is south of the 10 Freeway, contact Waste Management, Inc. to rent a container.
- Do residents have free bulky item pick ups?
Yes. Residents living in single family homes are entitled to the pick up and disposal of 20 bulky items per year, at no charge. Please contract your trash provider to arrange pick up on your next trash pick up day. Keep in mind, it is against the City's Municipal Code to leave bulky items out at any time other than the night before your trash pick up day.
- How do I arrange a bulky item pick up?
Bulky item pick ups take place on trash day. Contact Valley Vista Services at least one day in advance to schedule a pick up.
- I have trouble moving the carts out to the street because of their size. May I get smaller containers?
Yes. Contact Valley Vista Services for options.
- What is the trash billing schedule?
Residents are billed quarterly. Businesses are billed monthly.
- If I have a problem with service or billing, who do I contact?
You may call your trash hauler. Their phone number, 626-336-5493, is also on yourtrash container and on your trash bills. If you are unable to resolve an issue, you may call the City at (626) 580-2058.