Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a juvenile police record?
- What if the victim or witnesses were minors?
- Why are juvenile police records confidential?
- Who is entitled to a copy of juvenile police records?
- If a person is entitled to a copy of the juvenile police records, where can he/she acquire it?
- May law enforcement officials provide a copy of the records that has certain information removed?
- May a person not listed above obtain a copy of the juvenile police records?
- What does it mean to petition the Juvenile Court?
- Where can a person obtain a petition form?
- What information needs to be included in the petition?
- Where should the petition be sent?
- What does it mean to notice a party?
- Who must receive notice?
- What happens after a petition is submitted?
- How long will the process take once the petition is submitted to the Juvenile Court?
- If the petition is granted, how does the petitioner obtain the record?
- After the petitioner receives a copy, may it be used in any purpose?